Recently I’ve been trying to grow out my hair (it’s already long but I want it to be SUPER long) Below are a few tips to follow if you want to grow out your hair.
- Dye your hair back to the natural color. Bleaching and box dyes damage your hair sooo much!
- Cut your hair! Get an actual haircut (not a trim) if you don’t your hair will end up breaking.
- Make sure you use decent products in your hair. Really cheap shampoos and conditioners can damage your hair. I use Sunsilk.. for some reason this is the only product that really works for me.
- Shampoo your hair only once a week. Shampoo strips the hair of all its natural oils causing hair to break. I condition my hair EVERY day, but shampoo once a week.
- Deep condition your hair on the days you use shampoo. Deep conditioning adds extra moisture and stops breakage.
- STOP flat ironing your hair. If you can, blow-dry your hair or wear it natural. If not make sure you use heat only once a week. (I went 7 months without using a flat iron and my hair got soo much thicker and longer)
- Trim your hair every 3-4 months.
- Coat your hair with olive oil at least once a month. (See my curly hair routine post)
- Use a natural deep conditioning mask. I make mine out of avocados or honey.
I’ll post a recipe for a natural deep conditioning mask later!I hope this helps! Also don't forget to check out my curly hair routine post.