Monday 9 May 2011

Long Lengths



Recently I’ve been trying to grow out my hair (it’s already long but I want it to be SUPER long) Below are a few tips to follow if you want to grow out your hair.


  1. Dye your hair back to the natural color. Bleaching and box dyes damage your hair sooo much!
  2. Cut your hair! Get an actual haircut (not a trim) if you don’t your hair will end up breaking.
  3. Make sure you use decent products in your hair. Really cheap shampoos and conditioners can damage your hair. I use Sunsilk.. for some reason this is the only product that really works for me.
  4. Shampoo your hair only once a week. Shampoo strips the hair of all its natural oils causing hair to break. I condition my hair EVERY day, but shampoo once a week.
  5. Deep condition your hair on the days you use shampoo. Deep conditioning adds extra moisture and stops breakage.
  6. STOP flat ironing your hair. If you can, blow-dry your hair or wear it natural. If not make sure you use heat only once a week. (I went 7 months without using a flat iron and my hair got soo much thicker and longer)
  7. Trim your hair every 3-4 months.
  8. Coat your hair with olive oil at least once a month. (See my curly hair routine post)
  9. Use a natural deep conditioning mask. I make mine out of avocados or honey.


I’ll post a recipe for a natural deep conditioning mask later!I hope this helps! Also don't forget to check out my curly hair routine post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...