Cleaning your makeup brushes is extremely important because over time they get contaminated with bacteria from your face....Eventually causing you to break out and causing bacteria build up in your makeup. Listed are a few easy steps that you should follow every two weeks to ensure your brushes are clean.
Dial Anti Bacterial Soap
1. Fill the bowl up with warm water
2. Pour a decent amount of anti-bacterial soap in the bowl.
3. Dip the dirty brushes in the water and swish them around until most of the old makeup comes out.
4. Pour a tiny bit of shampoo into you hand and rub the bristles of each brush in the shampoo.
5. Rinse the brushes out until the water is completely clear.
6. Dry the brushes and fluff out the bristles.
Note: You can also buy brush cleansers at MAC, Sephora, or any other high end makeup store...the only problem is, they are a bit pricey. Also if you use makeup sponges and powder puffs you should changes those at least once a month. Its suppose to be every two weeks but just make sure your face is clean everytime you use your puff or sponge to apply makeup.