Today as I logged onto facebook, the first thing I saw was a status about how annoying it is to try to grow your nails out for weeks, only to have them break off after a certain point. I thought to myself "yeah, that's pretty annoying" and I'm guessing the other 15 women that liked the status felt the same way. I decided to do some research to find out how to stop this problem. So far this is what I came up with........
1. Do not bite, peel off old nail polish, or pick at your nails. This causes them to be weak and brittle.
2. Wear gloves when using household cleaning products. Cleaning products contain harsh chemicals that can damage your nails.
3. Do not use nail polish remover more than once a week. Make sure the remover you are using is acetone-free because acetone dries out your nails causing them to become brittle and break off.
4. Use a moisturizing lotion after washing your hands. This strengthens your nails.
5. Always use a nail strengthener or clear nail polish, it helps seal your nails stopping it from breaking
6. Lastly, maintain a healthy diet (you can also take vitamin A and B6 supplements to speed up nail growth)
I hope this helps.. if not.. there's always acrylics but I'm not a big fan of them.